Monday, August 1, 2016

Cleaning Chores: Daily, Laundry Room, Kitchen, & Living Room

This week I am going to share the actual chores I do each day and for each room. These chores are things that help keep the house picked up, neat looking, and clean. They are also things that have to be done just in the course of living. If you have been following me, you know I am a big believer in writing things down to help keep me organized.

My first list in my Daily Chores list. These are things that I need to do everyday to create a homey, peaceful atmosphere for DH to come home to. 

Daily Chores
  • Feed the outside animals
  • Make up the beds
  • Open/close blinds
  • Straighten up house in the morning/in the evening
  • Put away misplaced items
  • Sweep kitchen/laundry room
  • Meal prep/fixing meals  
The next two lists are lists of all the cleaning chores I need to do when I clean the laundry room and kitchen, including biweekly chores. I usually clean these two rooms on the same day, since they are beside each other.


Laundry Room
  • Dust the top of frig, washer, dryer
  • Dust coat racks, wall decorations, air con grate
  • Dust top of dog food container, trash can
  • Shake out rug, sweep the floor
  • Biweekly - Clean screen door windows, door windows
Kitchen
  • Dust the top of the chair rail, corner shelf, table legs
  • Dust the top of frig, oven hood, window sill
  • Shake out rug, sweep floor
  • Clean pictures, decorative dishes, knicknacks
  • Clean out frig, get rid of leftovers
  • Biweekly- dust top of china cabinet, plate shelf
  • Biweekly- Clorox counter tops, drainboard, clean Oakley's bowls, reorganize utensil holder
  • Biweekly- move plants to dust/sweep, water plants
Since we put down laminate flooring I had to make a new list of cleaning chores for our living room. With the new flooring, it is so much easier to move furniture to clean and it doesn't take as long to clean a it us to. So, I am loving our new flooring!

Living Room
  • Dust entertainment cabinet, end tables, trunk, sewing machine
  • Dust desks, crafting cabinet, CD tower, book shelves
  • Dust of pictures, wall decorations, wall calendar
  • Move furniture to sweep, dust mop floor
  • Biweekly- Dust top of bookshelves & books, inside the desks, furniture legs 
  • Biweekly- Move furniture to sweep, dust mop, & wet mop floor 
  • Biweekly- Water plants 
 
Writing down what you want to clean in each room every week or biweekly helps you see all the things you have to do more clearly. It helps me organize my time and helps me plan my week. It is simply a good thing! 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment