Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Deep Cleaning: Laundry Room

Below is the list of chores I do when I deep clean the laundry room. Since I am unable to move the washing machine and dryer to clean behind them, I have to wait until DH is able to help me in moving them. He helps me clean both of the machines up and behind them, then I sweep & mop. I will list those chores at the very bottom.


Laundry Room
  • Dust walls, wire shelving, storage crates
  • Wash down washing machine & clean inside, wash down dryer
  • Run a wash cycle w/ white vinegar in it to clean washing machine
  • Clean frig/freezer inside & out
  • Move frig, dust back of it, clean behind it
  • Clean both doors, windows, blinds
  • Clean knick knacks, picture frames, coat racks
  • Wash down air con grate
  • Clean & sanitize trash can inside & out
  • Wash decorative towels, aprons, sweaters, & light jackets
  • Dust storage baskets, red container on top of frig
  • Shake & beat out rug, sweep & mop floor 
  • Clean light fixture, little table, & outdoor shoes
  • Clean Oakley's food container
List Of Chores DH Helps Me With
  • Move washing machine & dryer
  • Clean off back of machine, dust hoses & clean hose screens
  • Dust & vacuum off back of dryer, clean dryer vent
  • Dust walls behind both machines
  • Sweep, vacuum, & mop floor 

The list of chores looks more daunting than they really are. It usually takes me a good 3 to 4 hours to do all of them. When DH is able to help me with the moving of the two machines, those chores usually take an hour to do. After they are finished and the room smells all clean, I have the simple joy of a job well done. 

Living a simple life & loving to be able to take care of my family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment