Thursday, August 18, 2016

Deep Cleaning: Office/Guest Bedroom

The office/guest bedroom usually takes me a good 3 to 4 hours to clean. Thankfully, every thing in this room is easy to move by myself, so I don't have to wait for a time when DH can help me. There is one item I don't worry about moving and that is the desk DH built for the room. It - like our king-size bed - is just too big to move. I don't reorganize the files on the same day I clean. We work on that over a period of several days or when we get a few free minutes.

Office/Guest Bedroom
  • Move bed to dust walls & vacuum underneath, dust & vacuum bed rail, vacuum mattress & box spring, put everything back in its place
  • Dust walls, night stand, & desk
  • Move items from underneath desk to dust, vacuum floor underneath desk
  • Clean computer equipment, knick knacks, picture  frames
  • Clean & vacuum inside desk drawers
  • Wash window, dust blinds, wash curtains
  • Wash bed linens (quilt & blanket) & any decorative items that  need it
  • Clean & straighten up the inside of night stand
  • Sort, purge, & reorganize files in desk
  • Dust ceiling fan, clean light & lamp
Living a simple life & enjoying making our home shine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment