Monday, May 2, 2016

A Week Of Fruity Desserts: Cherry Yum-Yum

Cherry Yum-Yum is one of my family's all time favorite desserts. It is a light, cool option which makes it the perfect dessert to serve in the spring and in the summer. Most moms would be glad to have this made for them in celebration of their special day. I know I would! 

First, you will need to prepare a graham cracker crust. You can buy one already made if you prefer, but I like making my own to cut down on the chemicals and preservatives. You can buy graham cracker crumbs instead of making your own crumbs, but they still have more chemicals and preservatives in them than the crackers do. I use Martha Stewart's Graham Cracker Crust Recipe, but I don't use a food processor. I ground the crackers in my blender, then combine the ingredients in a large bowl by hand. I used a 8" X 11" pan instead of a 9" pie plate. 

Here is what you need to make the Yum-Yum. 


  • 1 graham cracker crust
  • 1 - 8 oz. package of cream cheese (I use Philadelphia Cream Cheese which I think is the best taste and quality.)
  • 12 oz. of Cool Whip Original or Extra Creamy (Cool Whip use to make a 12 oz container, however it is very hard to find. You can make it using 16 oz, but it is so much better if you use 12. So I use one 8 oz. and half of another 8 oz.)
  • 1 cup of sugar
  • 1 tsp of vanilla 
  • 1 can of cherry pie filling
In the mixer bowl, mix together the cool whip, sugar, and vanilla until stiff.
 
 
Cut up cream cheese into smaller pieces. 
 
 
Add cream cheese piece by piece and mix until the mixture is smooth. 
 
 
Pour into a cool prepare graham cracker crust and spread evenly.



Top with the Cherry Pie Filling and chill until ready to serve. 


This is a dessert that will not disappoint. If your family doesn't like cherries then use blueberry or strawberry pie filling. The possibilities is endless. 

Cherry Yum-Yum is just simply of those delicious, easy desserts that is perfect for spring time or summer time entertaining! 

No comments:

Post a Comment