Monday, May 9, 2016

Cleaning Scheduels: Daily

One of those little tips I have learned over the many years of keeping our home is to write things down. Writing down the schedules and chores you have to do around your house may sound silly, but it has helped me keep my focus and keep up with all of them. It also helped me see what all I wanted to get accomplished and a way to spread them out so one day isn't load up with work to do. 

Another key to writing things down is to remember things aren't set in stone, learn to flexible. Just because you have a certain task written down for a certain day doesn't mean it has to do be done that day. When you feel bound to a schedule, it will make you feel like you aren't accomplishing anything. You will feel bogged down and become downright cranky. Trust me, I know. Being flexible is the best thing you can do for yourself. 

I have broken my chores down into 6 types of schedules; daily, weekly, biweekly, monthly, seasonally, and yearly. Today I am going to share my daily schedule or daily routines. This schedule or routine is broken down into 3 phases. This schedule or routine helps me to remember to do the little things that I need to do. Little things that aren't vital to the running of the house, but little things that help keep me on track.

Daily Schedule 

Mornings:
  • Get up, get dressed, comb hair
  • Take Oakley out, feed the outside animals
  • Fix/eat breakfast, take meds & herbs
  • Make up beds, open blinds, straighten up house
Afternoons:
  • Straighten up house, put away misplaced items
  • Turn on lamps, close blinds
  • Tidy hair, freshen up 
Evenings:
  • Clean drain board, clean slop pot - if needed
  • Sweep kitchen/laundry room
  • Take meds & vitamins

Like I said these are little things and aren't vital to the keeping of our home, but they are things I need to remember to do. They are also things that help keep me on track in caring for our home and caring for myself. 

Writing things down so that you can get a clear picture of what you are wanting to accomplish is simply a good thing! 

***************************
Update on July 27, 2016. 

No comments:

Post a Comment