Thursday, May 12, 2016

Cleaning Schedules: Monthly

Realizing that I don't have to do everything every week has been a BIG step for me. I gave myself permission to put off some chores I thought I had to do every week to just doing them once a month. Oh, what a difference that made in my attitude! 
 
I organized those chores into week 1, week 2, week 3, and week 4. Each week, I tackle chores in a certain area. For example, during the week put aside for the kitchen, I will give my stovetop a good cleaning by removing the pans from underneath the burner and cleaning them. (When I share my actually cleaning tasks for each room later on, you will get a clearer picture of what I am  talking about.)
 
Monthly Chores Schedule
  • Week 1 - Outdoor/Misc. Chores
  • Week 2 - Laundry Room/Kitchen
  • Week 3 - Master Bedroom/Bath
  • Week 4 - Living Room
 
The beauty of taking the time to sit down, write out a chore schedule, and cleaning chores is that you get a clear picture of what all needs to be done and what you want to get done. With it all in front of you, you can move things around and think about how to cut down the time spent each day cleaning. When I did this, I was able to see where I overloaded myself and where I could adjust things. I think if you give it a try, you might say the same thing. 
 
Cleaning and caring for our home is simply a calling for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment