Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Cleaning Schedules: Weekly

Being a neat freak is part of who I am, so I am one of those people that clean every room in their house every week. However, I am slowly learning that I don't have to and learning that I can let some things slide for a week. So my weekly cleaning schedule is just a guideline for me to keep me organized throughout the week, but, please, remember they aren't set in stone and flexibility is your friend. 

Weekly Chores Schedule
  • Monday: clean the laundry room, kitchen, & living room 
  • Tuesday: clean the master bath & bedroom
  • Wednesday: ironing, grocery list/menu, project day
  • Thursday: grocery shopping, paperwork 
  • Friday: Project Day
  • Saturday: Project Day
Monday and Tuesday chores flip-flop back-n-forth depending on the biweekly chores for the week. I will explain more about that in tomorrow's post. Ironing is not something I do every week. It just depends on how much there is to be ironed. Project days are days when I work outside, tackle a special cleaning task, or work on craft projects.

Having chores planned for everyday of the week may not work for you. You may like to do zone cleaning or do a specific task. You just have to figure out what will work for you, like I did. My weekly chores schedule has worked well for me for almost 10 years now, yet, I am still learning I don't need to do all of them every week and that is okay! 

Living a simple life, enjoying taking care of our home, and loving every minute of it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment