Thursday, May 19, 2016

Cleaning Products

After many years of trying various cleaning products, I have narrowed down what I need to clean into just 4 products. These 4 products have proven their usefulness and more importantly, they don't trigger asthmatic response in me due to them having no scent. They are all name brands, but sometimes you just have to spend a little extra to get your money's worth. 

The 4 cleaning products that I use.

Due to pollen and dust mite allergies, I need to keep our home as dust free as I can. To do that, I use Pledge Dust & Allergen. It has no scent and seems to get up the dust better than any other product I have tried. Some people say it leads to polish build up on the furniture which can lead to more dust, but I am willing to put up with that because I think it does such a great job.

Pledge takes care of my dusting needs.

Clean streak-free windows and Windex just seem to go together. For years, Windex has been known for its glass cleaning abilities. Now they put out a multisurface cleaner with vinegar, which is known for its glass cleaning abilities. I think this makes for a perfect product which can be used on just about any surface and the name of that product is Windex Multisurface Cleaner w/ Vinegar.

Windex does the job when it comes to cleaning glass.

Clorox is just an all around good thing to have in your home. Bleach is very effective tool to have on hand to kill bacteria and viruses. I keep a bottle of Clorox Clean-Up underneath our kitchen sink. I use it to clean the counter tops in the kitchen and in the bathrooms. When I am handling raw meat, I use it on everything that comes in contact with the raw meat and before the item is washed up for the last time. I use Clorox Bathroom spray for our bathrooms. It really gets through the hard water stains that accumulates from bathing in our showers and tubs. I am much more comfortable using bleach as a cleaner that anti-bacterial anything. Germs can build up resistance to anti-bacterial products, but so far they haven't been able to combat bleach. 

Clorox is just one of those good things!

For scrubbing jobs, I like to use Scotch-Brite Scrub Sponges. I use the heavy duty scrubbing sponge scrubbing surface to scrub the walls of the shower, the sides of the tubs, and the bathroom sinks. In the kitchen, I use the Non-Scratch Scrub Sponges to clean my stove top, stove tops pans, and the oven. 

Scotch-Brite Scrub Sponges

These cleaning products along my other cleaning tools help me keep our home clean and tidy. Using these simple things to take care of our home, just goes to show me that buying all the fancy tools and gadgets really isn't necessary for one to keep their home clean. 

Living a simple life in our simple home that is cared for with love!

No comments:

Post a Comment