Thursday, June 15, 2017

The Purpose Of "A Life Lived Simply"

As a follower of Christ, I try my best to live by the truths, principles, and wisdom found in the word of God. So when God laid it upon my heart to start blogging again, a few verses of scripture came to mind ~ Titus 2: 3-5. It is a scripture very near to my heart and one I have tried to live. I have tried to share what little knowledge I have learned over the years as a wife and a housekeeper with my daughter, girls in a Keepers Of The Home group we were involved in, and young women in our former small group. Yet, the desire to share with more women was there and God gave me a clear vision of how to do that by blogging. So, I am stepping out in faith with this blog and letting God take care about reaching those who may benefit from it.


I felt that part of the purpose of this blog was to show younger women just how fulfilling a simple life could be. With all the shows and voices out there giving so many mixed messages about what it means to be a woman, a wife, or a mother; I wanted them to know there was nothing wrong with being a submissive wife. There is nothing wrong with wanting to care for your home and stay at home with your children. I wanted them to know joy can come from doing simple things like working a garden or spending time enjoying a meal outside with your family. I wanted them to know it is okay not to be on the go all of the time or busy with some sort of activity. I wanted them to know that some of the best pleasures in life are often the simplest ones; like going for a walk, taking a ride in the mountains, or snuggling in the bed with your spouse and a fur baby to watch a movie.

So it is here through this little blog where I will write down and share all the things I have learned about being a wife, mother, and home keeper over the years. I will share cleaning tips, organizational ideas, and recipes. I will give the readers little glimpses into our simple life through pictures and stories. It is here I will share a little bit of my heart and my faith. So join me as I continue my blogging journey! 

If you know someone that may benefit from this simple blog, please let them know. Let me know to, if you have found this blog helpful. I would love to hear suggestions for posts you would like to see and what types of posts are your favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment