Friday, June 23, 2017

A Father's Day Weekend

I had all these big plans for a Father's Day Weekend post. I was going to take pictures of the food we ate and the restaurant by daddy was taking us to. I was going wrap up DH's gift nicely and decorate our kitchen table for breakfast. However, all my plans went out the window when I was involved in my little accident

Our Father's Day weekend started last Friday night. After our trip to the ER, we headed to my in-laws' house for dinner to celebrate Father's Day and my youngest BIL's birthday. We had Papa John's pizza and a salad, with cheesecake bites for dessert. It was our first time having Papa John's pizza. It was okay, but Pizza Hut is still my favorite. We spent the rest of the evening enjoying our time together and talking. 

On Saturday afternoon, we went up to my parent's house for Father's Day. We do it a little differently than most people. My daddy told he has all he needs and wants, so he takes us all out for a meal. We have been to a lot of interesting places over the year and ate a lot of good food. This year we ended up at a little hole in the wall restaurant called "The Cornbread Shack." They serve good old-fashioned Southern cooking, as well as sandwiches, hot dogs, and hamburgers. Everyone, except for me, ordered home-cooked food. I ordered a double cheeseburger and a side of pub chips. Oh, my word, it was so good! The burger came close to a Five Guys burger and that is saying a lot. Afterwards, we went back to my parent's house. We sat on the front porch enjoying the evening air and talking. 

Sunday morning, we gave DH his unwrapped gift ~ the 8th season of JAG DVD's and a Hacksaw Ridge DVD. I fixed him his requested breakfast ~ livermush sandwiches, potato pancakes, and fresh fruit. DD and he headed to church afterwards. I stayed at home because I just didn't think I could handle sitting that long. We spent the rest of the afternoon watching tv snuggled in the bed with Miss Oakley. For supper, I fixed DH his requested taco salad with beans. 

Although things didn't go according to my plans, we still had a pretty good weekend. The thought that was full force in my mind was that I was happy that I wasn't hurt too bad and was able to enjoy the weekend. That is simply a good thing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment