Thursday, May 11, 2017

A Peek Inside My Pocketbook

Are you ever curious as to what other women carry in their purses or here in the South, their pocketbooks? I have to admit I have been especially when women carry really big purses. I just wonder what all they have to take with them everywhere they go. I know it is more than I want to lug around.

In the years past on other blogs, I have seen ladies post what is inside their pocketbook and decided I would revive that. So here is my pocketbook and all of its contents. 

I recently had to buy a new pocketbook. The Liz Claiborne I bought with some of my Christmas money a few years ago had seen its better days and was starting to fall apart. It had lived a hard life. I found this one a Walmart.

I liked its classy look and it was on sale. I would have preferred it in black, but was pleased with the brown. It has 3 sections to it, one of which zips shut. It also has a side pocket and a long strap for carrying it on your shoulder. I prefer using the handles and carrying it on my forearm.
 
In one of the sections, I put all of the little books I carry in. I have my "Grocery List & Expenses Book", a small book of Bible verses my brother and his wife gave me a long time ago for singing at the wedding, a small book of Bible verses for moms our church handed out one Mother's Day, and the little pink book is where I write down the errands and shopping lists (besides groceries) when I have errands to run.

In the other section, I have my wallets. The change purse is for one dollar bills and the bigger one holds all of my other financial needs. I have two cosmetics bags and a manicure set.

The contents of one of the cosmetics bags; brush, comb, small mirror,  nail clippers, nail file, chap stick, tissues, and lotion.

The other contains wet wipes, meds (Benadryl, ibuprofen, and Tyenol), band-aids, and an inhaler. The manicure set carries tweezers, clippers, and a small pair of scissors.

In the zipped section of my pocketbook is where my flip phone resides. Yes, a flip phone. I hate talking on the phone and would hate being available 24/7. So, NO fancy I Phone for me.

That's it! That is all I carry and want to carry. I keep it as simple as possible, just like the rest of my life. Living life simple is the life for me! 

What is in your pocketbook or purse? Leave me a comment and let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment