Monday, May 29, 2017

Memorial Day: All Gave Some & Some Gave All

On this day when we remember those that gave their lives serving and fighting for our country's freedom, I would like to pay special recognition to those that died during the Vietnam War. My daddy served in the Vietnam War and has been to visit the Wall. It impacted him by to see this country finally honoring the men and women who served and died during that War, because it was long overdue. NO, veteran asked to serve and defend our country should EVER receive the treatment our Vietnam veterans did, especially those that gave all. 

Pic via The Southwest Desert Lover.

The Wall

by Catherine Anne McNeill

I walked along that long black wall, with names as far as I could see.
Friends I knew in childhood now etched in memories.
I've touched their names so many times, remembered them with love.
I walk along, the rain pours down, tears from heaven above.

I watch a Vet, deep in thought, pain across his face.
He walks a mother to the wall; he's taken his friend's place.
She reaches out to touch a name, the one that was her son.
They pause together in the rain, their memories a bond.

The men who fought, the men who died, their names for all to see
Their lives so brief, fallen short, a page in history.
We can't forget what they had done, so many years ago.
Sacrifices they have made the bravery they showed.

I walked along that long black wall, crying in the rain.
For all those men who've touched our lives, we'll never see again.

28 May 2000


To all of those that served and died fighting for and defending our country, you have my family's sincerest gratitude! Your sacrifice will NOT be forgotten and your bravery will live on in our memories and our hearts. To those veterans that have passed on from this world to the next, thank you for the time you took out of your lives to serve and defend our country! The Sills' family honors and remembers you all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment