Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Simply Organized: Plastic Shoe Boxes

When you live in a double wide mobile home, storage space can be an issue. So you learn how to organize the spaces in ways to maximize on the space you have. Plastic shoe boxes are one of those ways we maximize our space. 

We have a big closet in our master suite, but it doesn't have a lot of shelving and the floor space is being used. That lack of shelving and floor space forced to get creative when it came to finding space for shoes. DH solved his shoes storage space by keeping the under the bed he sleeps in. That left my shoes. 

The solution I came up with was plastic shoe boxes from Walmart. They are relatively inexpensive and sturdy. I use the 6 quart size, which my shoes fit in nicely. Of course, I don't wear high heels. If I did, I would use the 12 quart size. The 6 quart is about $2.00 and the 12 quart is about $3.00. I don't have a lot of shoes, so I didn't need a whole lot of the boxes. I also bought the over a period of time, when I had a few extra dollars. I also had some on hand, because these storage boxes are also good for storing Legos in. 

Most of my shoes, except for the 2 pairs of shoes I wear all the time, have their own box. They are stackable and don't take up a lot of room (especially the 6 quart ones.) An add plus is that any dirt or debris that may be left of the shoes after wearing them, will be contained in the box making any clean up easy. All you have to do is dump out the box next time you put on the shoe.

My plastic shoes boxes. They are stackable and keep things clean.
Plastic shoe boxes are just of those tools I use to keep our home simply organized!  

No comments:

Post a Comment