Friday, May 19, 2017

A Recap Of Our Mother's Day Weekend

We had the perfect weather for the Mother's Day Weekend. It was a little warm, but the sky was crystal blue and the sun was golden. Both of the gatherings to celebrate the special mothers in our lives were fun and relaxing. 

The celebrations started on Saturday night our DH's parent's house. Usually all of us fix a dish and serve my MIL a home cooked meal, with me organizing everything. This year I asked DH to talk to his father and see if he would get some sort of food for us and boy, did he. He also requested that I make some cookies which he thought would go well with finger foods. I made White Chocolate Walnut Cookies.

Publix has recently opened in our area and my FIL is very impressed with the place. He went to their deli and ordered a bunch of finger foods. There was so much to eat and the best thing about it was that Publix delivered it to the house. They also bought a huge cupcake cake that someone ordered but never picked up. We stuffed ourselves and then took plenty of leftovers home for lunch during the week. 
 
There was a pizza roll platter, a veggie tray with dip, croissants with different kinds of sandwich salads in them, a platter of chicken tenders, a tray of sub sandwiches, and potato salad.




All of it was delicious and all of us had our favorites.
My MIL insisted on a picture taking section and it was Mother's Day so we obeyed.

If you have a husband that has all brothers, then you will understand that DH was showboating for the benefit of those brothers in this pic. He pulled his shirt up and I was trying to pull it back down.

On Sunday morning, DH fixed the breakfast I requested for me ~ Country Ham Biscuits, Scrambled Eggs, and fresh Strawberries. I found my mother's day present at my place at the table along with my card. They got me the box set of the Twilight series that I had been wanting for a long time. I love the movies but the books are so much better.
My thoughtful gift and card from my loved ones.

Sunday night, we had my parents down for supper. We didn't have a big family gathering because one of my nephews was doing his month tour with the Army Reserves, not to mention the rest of my brother's family was on the way to the beach. Even with all of that, I still wanted to do something special for my momma. 

I fixed pork tender lions, potato salad, baked beans, and watermelon. I was going to fix a coconut cream pie, but we had plenty of cookies and cupcakes from Saturday night. I knew the cupcakes would be a hit, because my momma loves grocery store icing. 

We sat our outdoor table up on our deck. I picked some flowers from my MIL's garden the night before to make a center piece for the table. The deck was nice and shady. The view was awesome and we had a really good time enjoying the beautiful weather, good food, and conservation. 

The flower arrangement

The table setting and the view.



The drink station. We served water and homemade lemonade.
The food and the desserts.
We was a wonderful weekend shared with most of our loved ones. I love days where we can simply celebrate the special people in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment