Friday, April 15, 2016

Grocery List & To-Do List Notebooks

The last two notebooks I will be sharing with you this week are my grocery list notebook and my to-do list notebook. I used more of DD's unused journals for these two. I made pretty cover pages for both notebooks. Who said being organized has to be boring or without feminine charm? I think making it pretty and feminine makes me want to use them more. 


In my grocery list notebook, I recopy each week's grocery list from the notebook paper in my home management binder. Having the list contained makes it easier to keep up and it won't get lost in the dark regions of my purse. Since I go to  3 different places to grocery shop, I have 3 separate lists. When I get done with all of my grocery shopping and everything is put away, I sit down and write down the amount I spent at each place beside the name of each place at the top of the grocery list. I then total up all the purchases and write down a total amount. At the end of the year, I total up all of the amounts to see how much we spent on groceries and then find an average I spent each week. 

My to-do list notebook is mainly a place for me to write down all those little things I think of that I need to get done. I don't let this list run my life though. To this day, I still have things I wrote down last fall to do and I will when I get around to it. This notebook is more of a reminder for me than a plan for chores to be done for a week. 

Both of these notebooks are just another way I keep organized. Being organized is a must for me to function! The less organized I am, the more out of control I feel. So being on top of things help keep me happy! 

Living a simply organized life and happy that I am!  

No comments:

Post a Comment