Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Couture Crates

When we moved into our new home almost 10 years ago, our laundry room shelf housed a mish-mash colored crates. These crates held laundry room essentials as well as cleaning rags and dirty kitchen towels. I knew I wanted to replace them with something, but I wasn't sure what.  

An idea finally hit me as I was walking through Walmart one day and saw these crates in a green color that blended well with all the greens I was using in my kitchen. I knew I wanted to use them but they needed to be dressed up somehow. So I bought four of them, brought them home, and placed them on the shelf. It was then that another idea hit me. Why not by red gingham ribbon and weave them through the holes and tie a bow at the front. So I was off to Hobby Lobby to buy ribbon. Back home, I sat down and started crafting my couture crates. I loved how they looked and they have dressed up our laundry room so much. Couture crates are simply a good thing! 

Couture crates just require a colorful crate, ribbon to wind through the holes, and a big bow in the front.
A closer look.
They look great on the shelf and give the laundry room a polished look!

Making those places you spend a lot of time in pleasant and pretty is my simple style of decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment