Wednesday, April 20, 2016

America's Housekeeping Book

Published in 1941, America's Housekeeping Book was considered the only one of its kind. It also claims to be the first ever published complete manual for a housewife. Like many other home keeping books, America's Book covers the basic organization, cleaning, and caring for you home. However with it being published in 1941, some of the information is dated, but it is still a good book to have on hand. You can find some copies for a much cheaper price than the first two books I shared with you this week.

 
I first heard about this book on a blog I use to read a long time ago. Curious about it, I ordered it. When my book arrived, I was excited to see that it was once given to another housewife as a Christmas present in 1941 by an inscription wrote in the front of the book. Somehow that made the book even more special for me. The book offers a glimpse into history and the history of home keeping. While that fact may not interest some, it is very fascinating for me as a history buff.

America's Housekeeping Book is a simply great book for a home keeper, a history buff, or both!  

No comments:

Post a Comment