Monday, April 25, 2016

Dressed Up Detergent

Making the areas we spend a lot of time doing chores in, pretty, helps to make the chores seem a little less like chores. So over the next 3 days, I am going to share a few of the simple, little decorating ideas I have used to make some those areas a little more appealing. All of them are simple fixes and don't require a lot of money. 

For those of us that don't have a dishwasher, a bottle of dish detergent is part of our kitchen decor. It is inconvenient to keep the plastic bottle in a cabinet, because if you are like me, you need to use it all the time. So when we moved into our new home, I decided I was going to find a way to get rid of the plastic bottle but still have the detergent on the counter for ease of use, then I remembered an idea I saw on one of Martha Stewart's show a few years back. That idea was to use a glass bottle, like an olive oil bottle, to place the detergent in.  

So off to Walmart, I went in search of the perfect bottle. I found a simple rectangular one that was relatively inexpensive. When I got home, I filled it up and liked what I saw. I have not gone back to that plastic bottle since. 


There are a few things you need to keep in mind if you are thinking about changing to a glass bottle. When they get wet, they can be slippery so handle carefully. Another thing is to keep the spout clean because it can clog up. When I pour more detergent into the bottle, I put the spout under running water and then blow air through the tube that sits in inside the bottle just to make sure it is cleared off any gunk. 

A glass bottle for dish detergent is a simple way to make your kitchen sink area a little prettier and nicer to look at! Stay tuned for tomorrow's idea, because it is the companion for this detergent bottle. 

Looking for simple ways to make life a little prettier!

No comments:

Post a Comment