Tuesday, September 27, 2016

My Go To Beauty Products: Olay

Growing up, the soap of our household was Jergens soap. It was the only soap that didn't break my momma out. When I got married and set up a household, we started out using Jergens. It wasn't that soon before, DH started breaking out. So, we tried all different kinds of products from Dove to Ivory to Dial. All of those products dried me skin out terribly. We finally landed on Olay soap. It didn't dry my skin out and DH didn't react to it, so we had found our new soap. 

Pic via Olay

As I have gotten older and getting closer to 50 with each passing years, I started noticing littles wrinkles and that wrinkles that kept appearing. My skin is really in good condition because I don't smoke, drink, or lay out in the sun or tan. I rarely wear make-up due to seasonal allergies that affect my eyes. Yet, my skin is changing with age. So when I started looking products to help out with wrinkles and bags under the eyes. The first product I tried was Olay products and I am very pleased with them. I use 3 products from the Regenerist line of products

As a moisturizer, I use their Olay Regenerist Regenerating Lotion W/Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15. It doesn't have a heavily scented smell. It is easy to put on. It makes my skin feel soft and moisturized.  I also like that it has a sunscreen in it. I use it when I am going to be outside instead of regular sunscreen which makes my stings my skin. 

Pic via Olay
For a face cleanser and exfoliant, I use Olay Regenerist Regenerating Cream Cleanser. It is easy to use. It cleans and exfoliates my skin gently. I like the tube it comes because you can get every last (or almost every last) bit of cream out of it.
Pic via Olay

Around the eyes, I use Olay Regenerist Eye Lifting Serum (which I just found out that they are discontinuing.)  I really liked this product. It did make my eyes look better and it didn't sting when I accidentally got some in my eye. I am really disappointed that it is being discontinued. I guess I will have to switch to Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Eye Swirl, Eye Treatment. When I buy some and try it, I will let you know what I think about it. 
Pic via Olay.

Pic via Olay.
Aging is a natural process and I believe in aging naturally as gracefully as possible. However, it never hurts to take care of your skin and using products out that are out there to do so. While products like this do help, I still believe the best thing you can do for your skin is to not smoke, not drink heavily, not lay out in the sun or a tanning bed, eat a health diet, get plenty of rest, and wear make-up as little as possible. 

Simply aging as gracefully as I possible can and loving every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment