Wednesday, September 28, 2016

My Go To Beauty Products: My Make-Up

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I rarely wear make-up. I definitely don't wear make-up while I am at home or when I go to work. After years of rubbing off my eye make-up and smearing mascara everywhere when my allergies were bothering my eyes, I just don't bother with putting make-up on. However, I will put on make-up when we go out to eat or to a movie or to a party or church.

I have used everything from Avon to Mary Kay to Maybelline make-up, but Cover Girl make-up is what I use the most. Although right now, I am using L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Sculpt Mascara. I like L'Oreal's mascara, but I am not over the moon about and will probably switch back to a Covergirl mascara when it is gone. 


I believe make-up should look as natural as possible. I live by the axiom of you should wear the make-up the make-up shouldn't wear you. So I tend to choose neutrals and shades of brown. I add a pop of color with my green eyeliner. 

For a foundation, I like to use Cover Girl Clean Matte Liquid Foundation in Classic Ivory. It matches my skin tone well and is easy to blend in. For a foundation powder, I use Cover Girl Professional Powder Make-up in Translucent Light or Fair.  It matches the foundation I use well. It also gives a polished look without giving a caked on look. 

For my eyes, I like to use eye make-up in shades of brown. I buy Cover Girl Eye Enhancers 4-Kit Shadows in Country Woods or Natural Nudes. Those shades match my coloring well. They enhance my eyes without being overbearing. To make my green eyes stand out, I like to use a green eye liner - which may or may not be Cover Girl depending on whether I can find it in green. For my lashes, I like to use black mascara. 

I don't like the feel of lipstick on my lips, so I go for more of the gloss or lip balm product on my lips. I use shades of pink or peach, because anything else just looks to harsh on my face and for my coloring. 

I am by no means a make-up expert, but I know what looks good on me and what doesn't. I have picked up a few make-up tips from family, friends, and tv shows that have really helped me with my putting on make-up over the years and I am still learning more. Over on Pinterest, I have a board called Make-Up Mastery where I am compiling tips, ideas, and tools for me to learn more about make-up and to improve my make-up techniques. Go and take a look at it! 

Living life simply and enjoying every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment