Friday, January 22, 2016

Our Simple Home: Our Master Bath

I have a love/hate relationship with our Master Bath. I love that we have our own big bathroom. I love that it has two vanities. I love that the bath tub is separate from the shower. I love that I was able to realize my dream of having a sea themed bathroom. However, I hate that it stays cold all winter and I really hate that it takes me over an hour to clean it each week. 

Standing in the bathroom door opening, the bath tub is right in front of you. The shower is to its right and the toilet is to its left. Walking through the door, my vanity is on the right and DH's is on the left. (Oh, I forgot to mention it is really hard to take good pics in the bathroom because it is so light in fixtures, walls, and cabinets. It also has 3 mirrors.

The tub.

Glassed in shower.

The toilet area. 

My vanity.

DH's vanity.


I use sea themed items as well as baskets and candles to decorate our bathroom. Both vanities have small sea grass baskets filled with decorative hand towels and wash clothes, seashells, pieces of coral we have found on the beach, and small bottles of lotions and bubble bath. On either side of the door sit big baskets filled with the same kind of items.

Basket beside my vanity.

The basket beside DH's vanity.

Above our bathtub is a shelf I had an idea for and DH designed and built it for me for my birthday one year. I have decorated it with sea themed items as well and hung sea shell pictures above it. It also has a place to hang my towel and washcloth. 

Looking at the shelf from the door.

A closer look at the decorations sitting on top.

The toilet area is separated from the rest of the bathroom by a partial wall. I have hung sea shell pictures above the toilet. A basket sits to the left of it to hold extra toilet paper (and reading material). The right of it is our towel rack that once was a shoe rack that was in my bedroom closet in my parents house built by my daddy. 

The toilet area and towel rack.

Even though it can get cold and takes over an hour to clean, I still love our master bath. It is closed off from the rest of the house making it a great place to relax in a bathtub of hot water. 

Simply loving living in our simple home!   

No comments:

Post a Comment