Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Our Simple Home: Our Living Room

Our living room is open to the kitchen and covers the whole width of our mobile home. One side has a picture window and the opposite side has a sliding glass door, both of which provide us with beautiful views. Even with a large amount of open space, we have managed to make it cozy and homey. 

The living room is divided in to two areas by our sofa that sits in the middle of the room. The sliding glass door area opens onto our deck. In this area, we have placed our entertainment cabinet which means I can see the tv while working in the kitchen. This area is our main sitting area where the sitting side of the sofa is located along with our chairs DH built especially for our individual comfort. On the left side of the sofa is a trunk my daddy built for us. Between our chairs is a round tea table. On left side of our entertainment cabinet is a large round ottoman which can be used for sitting or as a table if needed. On the right side of the cabinet are the speakers, a chair my daddy refurbished, and a small table he built for us. Above our entertainment is a wooden art piece built using different types of wood built for us by my daddy.
Our sofa that separates the living room in to two areas. The trunk sitting beside it was built by my daddy.
Another look at our sofa looking back towards the kitchen.
Our chairs - DH's is on the left and mine is on the right.
Another view of my chair looking toward the kitchen.
Our entertainment cabinet with the wooden piece of art above it. 
The refurbished chair and small table.
Another view of our entertainment area. If you look real close at the bottom left-hand side you can see part of the big round ottoman we have.

The picture window side of our living room is our front door entrance. It is the my office/craft area, but still provides plenty of extra seating for company. One wall is covered by a big bookshelf that is pretty much full of books. In the corner between the bookshelf and the picture window is my craft cabinet that my daddy refurbished. It was once a record cabinet in a fraternity house. It now holds most of my scrapbook supplies and misc. other craft supplies. In front of it sits the desk I use the most. It is a computer desk with a drawer for the keyboard, but I just use the drawer to hold my office supply. Between the picture window and the front door sit an end table with a rocking chair that once belonged to my paternal great-grandfather. On the wall opposite the bookshelf sits the secretary desk that my daddy built for my birthday a few years ago. Next to it sits a wing chair that once belonged to DH's paternal grandmother. 
Our bookshelf, my desk, and my crafting supplies cabinet.
A closer look. DH upholstered my blue desk chair and the ottoman which I use all the time to put my feet up when I work at my desk.
Our end table and my great-grandfather's upholstered rocking chair, beside the front door.
The front door area.
My secretary desk and DH's grandmother's wing chair.
Our living room is comfy, open, and inviting. We enjoy entertaining in there or simply cuddling up in a blanket reading a book or watching a movie. It is simply the right living space for our little family! 

Loving the simple things in life and enjoying every minute of it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment