Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Simply Useful: Throw Blankets

We love, love throw blankets. They are so comfy to have around, especially on a chilly winter night. We have some in every room thrown over the back of a chair or on the end of the bed. We have them in many colors, shades, and textures. They are so handy and easy to take on the road making them a vacation go to. They are also great to offer to visitors who find our home a little of the chilly side. Miss Oakley even has a few she likes to cuddly up in.

I use them on my bed at night. During the winter, I keep only a sheet and blanket on my bed. I add throw blankets on top of that because they are so easy to take off when I get hot or to throw on when I get cold. DH does the same on his bed. DD keeps at least 3 on the end of her bed for easy access. 

It has taken a few years to compile our collection. We have been given several as gifts for birthdays or Christmas. We have purchased a few. Most throws are relatively cheap. You can buy some for as cheap as $5.00 at Walmart. The fluffy fleece ones costs a little more, but their texture is worth a splurge. 

Throw blankets are just one of those little things that are great to have around and are simply useful!

Living a simple life with my family and taking each moment as it comes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment