Wednesday, February 10, 2016

A Week Of Candy: Chocolate Truffles

Chocolate Truffles are a new family favorite. I found this recipe taped to the top of an Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk can. As with most recipes, I tweaked this one to fit our tastes. This recipe also allows you to customize the outside of your truffles. 

Chocolate Truffles
  • 3 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips.*
  • 1 -14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
  • coating options - finely chopped toasted nuts, flaked coconut, sprinkles, unsweetened cocoa, powdered sugar, colored sugars 
The ingredients.
In a large sauce pan, over low heat, melt chocolate with sweetened condensed milk.



Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. 

 
Pour into a medium bowl. Cover and chill for 2 to 3 hours; until firm. 

 
Shape into 1 inch balls. Roll in desired coating and/or decorate with frosting and candies. Chill for an 1 hour, then eat. 
 
I rolled the ones I made in powdered sugar, unsweetened cocoa, and colored sugars. 

Finished product.
These truffles were really good. When I made them I used 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 cup milk chocolate chips.* The next time I make these I am going to use half and half. Another thing I learned from making these is that you need to roll them balls in the coating as soon as you shape them. If you don't, it is harder to get the coating to stick to the outside of the truffle. Over all I was pleased with the finally product and so was my family. 
 
Living a life that is simple and loving every minute of it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment