Friday, April 28, 2017

My Cookbooks: Cook's Country Cookbook

The Cook's Country Cookbook has a really long title ~ The Complete Cook's Country TV Show Cookbook. It is based on the Cook's Country TV show that is shown on PBS stations. It is one of the newest cookbooks in my collection and one I have wanted for a long time. I received it as a Christmas present from my MIL & FIL. 


This cookbook contains all of the recipes from the tv show and is updated every year. I have the season 9 cookbook, which is the latest addition. The book also includes all of the features of the show; such as ingredient testing and equipment ratings. Some of the other interesting things in this book are short histories of how some of the recipes came to be. They also include helpful tips on how to avoid some of the pit falls that may come when making a particular recipe. Valuable tips on how to prepare certain ingredients can also be found. 

There is a great range of recipes in this book; from old fashion favorites to ones with international flare. Grilling recipes have a devoted section all to itself. Breakfast recipes can also be found. I recently fixed one of the breakfast recipes ~ a Dutch Baby Pancake. It was yummy and something a little different. I have many, many more recipes marked to try. 

The Cook's Country Cookbook is one of those cookbooks you will want to add to our collection. The recipes are easy to follow. They also provide reasons why the recipe will work and things to avoid. It is simply a good thing! 

***************************
 
If you having been following along all week, I hope I have shared a cookbook that might be of interest and helpful to you. I would love to hear some feedback from you, so, please leave a comment. If you have a favorite cookbook, I would love to hear about it, too. Finding and trying new recipes is one of those simple pleasures for me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment