Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Snapshots: Part 7

Even with all that has been going on with our family and things breaking around here, I managed to snap a few pictures of life around our home. 

Before I came down with bronchitis, I did a lot of baking. I made these cupcakes for one DH's birthday celebrations.

I placed them on a cake stand on top of a sparkly, snowflake doily I made out of wrapping paper. I topped the cupcakes with snowflake sprinkles.

The icing was white, light blue, and a darker blue. They were a hit. I couldn't help but think they would look good at any "Frozen" themed party.

I also made something new for breakfast. I made a Dutch Baby Pancake. I go the recipe from the "Cook's Country Cookbook" I got for Christmas.

I served the Dutch Baby powder sugar dusted on top, warmed syrup (maple and strawberry), and homemade whipped cream. We had red grapes and fresh pineapple as a side.

Isn't that a nice looking plate? It was all yummy!

We spent a lot of time while we were sick cuddled up in the bed with Miss Oakley watching tv. At one point, she decided she would become the self-appointed remote keeper.
After a month of trying to take off to our beautiful mountains, we finally made it. We drove up to the ski resort areas to see some snow. On our way back, we stopped to see a waterfall we passed by a thousand times, but didn't know it was there. It is right off the side of the road. It was a nice day trip for us!

Living life simply and enjoying the simple pleasures that come with it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment