Tuesday, April 11, 2017

How To Make An Easter Egg Cake

Maybe, I should clarify the title. I am going to tell you how to make what I call an Easter Egg Cake, but it isn't one you can eat. It is an easy, yet pretty way to add to your Easter decorations. I have mine sitting in the middle of our dining table and have received a lot of compliments for it. I can't take the credit for the idea, because it was a Pinterest pin that inspired me to create my own. 

This is my version of the Pinterest pin that I call an Easter Egg Cake.

Here is what you will need:
  • A clear glass cake plate or cake stand.
  • A clear glass cake dome that will fit your cake plate or stand. 
  • Easter grass used for Easter baskets of some kind. (I like the crinkle cut shredded paper from Hobby Lobby.
  • Various sorts of Easter eggs, in all sizes. (I used styrofoam glitter eggs in all sizes. Some I bought from Hobby Lobby. Others from AC Moore's.)

First step is to turn the cake dome upside down and put a little grass in the bottom. 


Next, add a layer of eggs.


Add more grass and then more eggs, until you fill up the cake dome up almost to the top.


Finish it off with another layer of grass to the top of the cake dome. 


Now flip the cake dome onto the plate or the stand and your Easter Egg Cake is finished. 


I just love simple decorations like this that you can make using things you have on hand and ones that you spend very little money on. I think this Easter Egg Cake is simply beautiful! 

****************************
If you decide to make one, let me know how it turns out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment