Thursday, April 27, 2017

My Cookbooks: Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook

Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook was a Christmas present from my youngest BIL and I love it. It is so Martha. It is laid out beautifully and crammed full of baking know how, but you wouldn't expect anything less from Martha Stewart. 


The first few pages of the book contain general baking tips, baking equipment, and techniques. The equipment section has pictures and what each piece is used for. The same goes for the technique pages, plus great insight from Martha's years of baking. 

At the beginning of each the recipe sections, there is information and tips on how to bake that type of baked goods. What type of equipment needed to make that particular baked good is covered, as well as a variety of helpful tips. The instructions are very well laid out and go step by step. I have never had any problem following any of Martha's recipes(...well, I did once because I didn't read the recipe all the way through before starting. My bad!) and everything has turned out well. I have tried only one recipe from this book to date ~ Chocolate Scones ~ and we liked them. I have many, many more marked to try. Now, I just have to find the time to get to baking.

I can't recommend Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook enough. It would be a great gift for a new bride to be or the budding baker in your family. Martha's Baking Handbook, as she would say, is simply a good thing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment