Wednesday, April 26, 2017

My Cookbooks: Laura Ingalls Wilder Country Cookbook

I grew up reading the Little House books and watching "Little House On The Prairie" on tv. I loved Laura Ingalls Wilder and the life she lived. I wanted to be a pioneer. So as an adult, I was thrilled when I came across "The Laura Ingalls Wider Country Cookbook.


This cookbook is full of recipes that Laura fixed for her family from the things they grew on their farm. It also contains recipes using special ingredients that would have been expensive at the time, such as citrus fruits. All of the recipes are simple, hearty, country, home cooking. The potato pancake recipe I use comes from this cookbook. However, there is so much more to this cookbook, especially for a Laura Ingalls Wilder fan. 

"The Laura Ingalls Wilder Country Cookbook" is a book filled with stories about her life on the farm with Almanzo and Rose. It is full of pictures of their farm in Missouri. There are pictures of the inside of their home and pictures of their adventures around the farm. It talks about her writing for a local newspaper and how she would write down recipes on whatever she could put her hands on at the time. If you are a LIW fan, you will just enjoy reading this book. I have read it numerous times and will read it a few more times. It is simply a good thing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment