Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Simply Useful: Plastic Linen Bags

If you are like me, you like things neat and tidy, and an organized house is a must for me. However, buying containers and storage tubs to help keep things organized can be an expensive. So, you have to look for creative ways to find storage solutions. One of my favorite storage solutions is plastic linen bags. You know those plastic bags that often come with the set of sheets or bedspreads you buy. There are so useful and are perfect containers to store linens in. 

I use these plastic linen bags to store all of our camper linens in. After they are washed, I fold them up with a dryer sheet placed in the middle folds. The dryer sheet keeps them smelling fresh and the plastic linen bags keep the mice out of them.

I use plastic linen bags to store all of my linens in. For example, all of our camper linens are stored in our camper in these bags. They help to keep the mice away from them. All of my Christmas linens from towels, to dish towels, to place mats, to napkins are stored in these bags. As well as, any antique linens such as my great-grandmothers handkerchiefs are stored in them. Since one of the concerns about storing cloth in plastic is that moisture can form inside the plastic, I make sure all of my linens are completely dry before I put them in the bags. I also don't zip the zipper all the way shut. To keep all of the linens smelling fresh, I place a dryer sheet in the middle folds of the linens.  


It may take a few years to accumulate as many as I have right now, but they are definitely worth starting a collection. Plastic linen bags are simply a useful item!   

No comments:

Post a Comment