Monday, November 28, 2016

Decorating For Christmas

Thanksgiving morning, DD and I watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and I start decorating for Christmas. Well, I finish decorating for Christmas. I start decorating the bedrooms and bathrooms for Christmas after Veteran's Day. I have a lot of decorations to put out and it takes me a while, so I start before Thanksgiving; but, I leave decorating the living room, kitchen, and laundry room until Thanksgiving Day. 

Decorating for Christmas throws our usually smooth running household into chaos and clutter for about a week, as I pull out the decorations and put up other items. I have to work hard at NOT being cranky while the process goes on. When I get started, I want to get finished and get testy when I have to stop to do other things. Sometimes, I wonder why I put myself through the hassle, but when all the decorating in done, I love how  our home looks. 

Most of the outside decorating is left in DH's capable hands. He puts up our lighted garland and the wreaths (once I have fluffed them. Our kitties like to lay in the middle of them mashing the flat.) He usually does this the Friday after Thanksgiving. I put up our two artificial trees in pots a few days later. 

We don't have a tree in our house up yet. We usually put up a tree the weekend after the Thanksgiving weekend. We put up a real tree which we usually purchase from our local Ruritan Club, but this year we may go and get one from a Christmas tree farm in our lovely NC mountains. DH gets the tree in its stand and puts the lights on it. DD likes to put the angel on top, then they leave the rest to me. 

Over this holiday season, I will be sharing pictures of how I have decorated every room. So be on the look out for them. Now, what I want to know is do you decorate for Christmas? Do you go all out like me? When do you start decorating?  Leave me a comment and let me know. 

Living life simple and enjoying this Christmas season! 

No comments:

Post a Comment