Thursday, June 23, 2016

S.P.P. : King Arthur Flour

As I began reading about the chemicals that the food industry puts in our food and other ways they manipulate our food sources, I found out that the bleached white flour almost all of us use wasn't the best product to use. Bleached white flour has all its nutrients strip from it in the process of making it, then they are put back in using other means. I knew that this process made no sense, so I began looking for another flour product. 

The flour that was recommended the most by the whole foods community was King Arthur's Unbleached All-Purpose Flour and all the other flour products made by them. Unbleached flour doesn't have all its nutrients removed and added back in another process. King Arthur was as close as one can get to actually milling the wheat itself. I made the switch and noticed an immediate change of taste and texture in baked goods. 

Pic via www.kingarthurfour.com
Unbleached flour isn't as white as bleached flour. It has a tan color to it because of the natural nutrients left in. To me it seems to make the texture of baked goods lighter and fluffier. The taste seems richer and deeper. I switch back in forth between the regular all-purpose and the organic. 

I also use King Arthur's Whole Wheat Flour, either the regular or the organic. With most of my baked goods recipes, I use half white and half wheat. This makes the flour in those goods a little healthier. 

King Arthur's website has a list of all their products; from their grocery store products to specialty flours to flours for professionals. They also have TONS of recipes to look at and try. I would love to try all of them.  

King Arthur flour products come from a long history of the company making quality products. It is employed owned, so it is run with great care, love, and pride in their product. You can also purchase products through their website and most grocery stores carry their products. 

King Arthur Flour is just one of those products made simply with love, care, and pride which makes it a simply perfect product! 

No comments:

Post a Comment