Monday, June 20, 2016

Simply Perfect Product: Real Butter

As I mentioned before in my post about healthier eating, we switched from margarine to butter. I know this isn't a popular choice in the health care community, but for me it come down to the number of ingredients (chemicals) found in the foods you eat. Margarine just has TOO many for it to be good. Not to mention the fact that it is said it is one ingredient away from plastic. 


I didn't think we would see a big difference in the taste of our food, but switching from margarine to butter made the food I prepared taste richer and added more depth of flavor. Adding real butter to baked goods made then taste out of this world better. To keep the salt level down in the foods I add butter to, I always try to use unsalted butter. Butter costs more that is true, but the cost is easy to take when your food tastes better and you are putting less chemicals into your body.  

So if you are looking for ways to decrease the amount of chemicals you put in your foods and increase the depth of flavor to your food, real butter is the way to go! 

Living life simply and enjoying all the yummy food I fix using butter!  

************************

Over at "A Life Lived Simply" FB page, I am sharing what kind of soft butter or spreadable butter we use. It is one with the least amount of ingredients. So be sure to check it out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment