Tuesday, June 28, 2016

A Week Of Peanut Butter Recipes: Buckeye Brownies

My youngest BIL found this recipe on Facebook and requested that I make it for his birthday one year. If you like the combo of peanut butter and chocolate than you will love this. The only thing I don't like about it is the richness of the chocolate layer, but I think I know how to fix that. I will leave my solution in the recipe instructions. 

Buckeye Brownies 

For the brownie bottom layer:
For the peanut butter middle layer: 
  • 2 cups of powdered sugar
  • 1/2 cup of butter, softened
  • 1 - 18 oz. jar of peanut butter
Mix together and spread over cooled brownies. Chill in the frig for one hour. 
 
For the chocolate top layer:
  • 1 - 12oz. package of semi-sweet chocolate chips ( I think to cut down on the richness, I am going to do half semi-sweet and half milk chocolate chips next time I make it.)
  • 6 Tbsp. of butter, softened
Mix together in a sauce pan over low heat until melted. When melted, spread over the peanut butter layer. Cool in frig until everything is set. Cut into squares and enjoy! 
 
I normally don't do boxed foods, but on some occasions I do until I can figure out a good alternative. When I figure one out for this recipe, I'll let you know. 
 
Enjoying baking simple treats for my family to enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment