Tuesday, June 21, 2016

S.P.P. : Crisco Baking Sticks

Being someone who enjoys baking delicious treats for her family, I am always looking for ways to make the process a little easier on myself. So when a recipe calls for shortening of some kind, I reach for Crisco or more specifically Crisco Baking Sticks

Picture via www.crisco.com

Crisco Baking Sticks are pre-measured sticks of shortening. They are wrapped in a foil wrapper and marked like a wrapper on a stick of butter. Each wrapped stick comes in a plastic container topped with foil. In each pack, they provide a plastic lid so that you can store the unused portion in its plastic container. 

I find these sticks so much more convenient than trying to scoop the shortening out of a tub and into a measuring cup. I always wound up with air bubbles that I had to be sure to get rid of so I would have the right amount. Not to mention when it came time to get the shortening out of the measuring cup, I had a hard time getting it out and sticking to the utensil I was using. It was messy and time consuming, but the sticks aren't. They are measured out. You cut the amount you need and store the rest of the next time. I like that they come in plastic containers with a lid. I keep all the short ends in one and use the small left overs to grease any pan that I need to. 

Crisco Baking Sticks are one of those simple little things that make life for a busy wife and mom a little easier. They are simply a perfect product! 

No comments:

Post a Comment