Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Words To Live By In 2017

New Year Resolutions are not for me. Why say you are going to resolve to do something, when most likely you want keep your resolve. I see resolutions are unattainable ideas that we can never live up to. I do like the idea of setting goals. Goals are something you can work toward, but don't feel guilty is you don't make it all the way. Sometimes, the striving for a goal is as rewarding as reaching the goal. 

As I was thinking about goals to set for myself this year, I ran across a blog called Casey Leigh or The Wiegands. As I spent the better part of a month reading her blog, I came across her New Year's posts where she prays about a word for the upcoming year. The word God gives her each year is an area in her life she needs to work on. As she steps out in faith, she sees ways every day that God is helping her in that area. 

I liked her idea and began asking for guidance from God in the areas I need work on. As I reflected, two words kept coming to mind; healthy and intentional. When I tried to pick between the two, it became an impossible task. So I am claiming two words for the year; healthy and intentional. 

I picked healthy because I frankly need to take better care of myself. I need to take more time for myself. I need to make healthier decisions. I need to work on body, mind, and soul. 

I picked intentional because I need to be more deliberate and have more purpose behind the time I spend with my family. I need to take a little extra time to let them know in small ways they are special, loved, and very important to me. I also need to do this with the fur babies and egg laying ladies in my life. DH, DD, fur babies, and our egg laying ladies need to be more important than our house or chores. I need to be more purposeful behind FB and blog posts too. Most importantly, I need to be more intentional when it comes to my relationship with God and time I spend with Him. 

Healthy and Intentional are my words to claim for this new year. I hope to see progress in my life as I work on these areas in my life. It is going to be a good year and I am ready for the challenge. 

Join me tomorrow and Thursday, as I expand on these words and the scriptures I have found to use for inspiration. 

Here's to living an intentional, healthy, simple life in 2017!

No comments:

Post a Comment