Tuesday, January 10, 2017

A Christmas Recap: Christmas Day

Christmas morning, we slept in as late as we wanted to. When we finally did get up, I started preparing on Christmas breakfast. It was the first Christmas breakfast I had ever fixed and I was excited about it. I fixed red velvet pancakes dusted with powdered sugar served with sweet cream butter, country ham biscuits, eggs ~ prepared by DH ~ and fresh grapes. It was YUMMY!

The red velvet pancakes dusted with powdered sugar.

The table set and laden with food.

Now that is a yummy looking plate.

After cleaning up, we opened the rest of our gifts to each other. All of us basically knew what we were getting but there were a few surprises as well. We spent the rest of the day looking over our presents before we headed to my aunt's house for our Christmas gathering with my Momma's side of the family. 

DH and DD rounded out my Buffy collection with the last season. DH gave me the book asked for and Sweet Pea perfume from B & BW's. Although I knew I was getting a Nancy Drew game, he surprised me with two. 

Around 5:30 pm, we headed to my aunt's house for a supper of finger foods, appetizers, and snacks, which meant I got to pig out on one of my favorite things a chipped beef cheese  ball I volunteered my momma to make.  She volunteered me to bring cocktail wienes. I also made a Buttered Pecan Cheesecake. We sat around and talked with all of my cousins while we stuffed ourselves and watched football. We always have a good time and really enjoy each others company. We left stuffed and full of memories. 

Back home we got in our comfy clothes and settled down with Miss Oakley in the bed to watch a movie. It wasn't long before we were ready to call it a day and head off to Dreamland. It had been a wonderful Christmas.

Loving every simple moment of our simple life!  

No comments:

Post a Comment