Monday, January 23, 2017

Snapshots: Part 6

Life around here lately:  

Miss Copper surviving the land.

DH went to a tree farm in our lovely NC mountains to cut down our tree.

It is DD's job to put the angel on the tree. This tree was one of the prettiest ones we have ever had.

Wrapping presents is ...

...a messy endeavor,

...but I love the outcome.
We have had a few cold days and this is how Miss Oakley spent most of them.

DH and I spent those cold days snuggling under our warm fleece blankets catching up on "The Game Of Thrones."

I spent a lot of time during the holiday season baking.

I loved how these cupcakes turned.

I enjoy fixing big Sunday morning breakfasts for my loved ones. For this one, we had livermush sandwiches, potato pancakes, and fresh pineapple.

I got to do one of my favorite activities to make a Christmas present for my MIL ~ color!

One of my favorite ways to destress during the holiday season.

A Christmas ornament from our sweet step-niece and her husband that live in Alaska. Now we will always have a part of them in our home for the holidays.

Taking down the Christmas decorations is an even a bigger messy endeavor than wrapping presents.

Fixed a hot chocolate bar to celebrate New Year's Eve.

My hot chocolate concoction.

It snowed about 6 inches on January 7th.

We don't mind the snow as a matter of fact, we love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Maybe this snowflake that is part of a project I am working on helped to inspire the snow.

It was a heavy one.





Miss Oakley is on strict kennel rest to help heal up her two herniated discs in her back. She has been an excellent patient so far.

Miss Oakley had a birthday on Jan. 9th. I went to Pet Smart to get her some special treats. 

My snowflake project. It is part of the decorating I did for winter and Valentine's Day.

Living a simple life and simply loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment