Friday, July 1, 2016

A Week Of Peanut Butter Recipes: Chocolate Cow Patties

I am really not sure what the official name of these cookies are. I think it is something like "Chocolate Oatmeal No-Bake Drop Cookies." However, my family just calls them cow patties, because - well,  they look like cow patties. If you grew up in the country than you know what I mean. Whatever they are called, they are good cookies that combine chocolate, peanut butter, and oatmeal.

Chocolate Cow Patties
  • 2 cups of sugar
  • 1/2 cup of milk
  • 2 Tbsp of peanut butter
  • 2 Tbsp of cocoa powder
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 3 cups of quick 1 minute oats (I use old-fashioned oats that I chop up in my blender a little bit.)
Mix together the sugar, milk, peanut butter, cocoa powder, and the stick of butter cut into pieces in a medium size pot. Place pot over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a boil and boil for 2 minutes. 
 
Remove from heat and pour over the oatmeal in a heat proof bowl. Stir to combine. 
 
Drop by the spoonfuls onto a baking sheet or onto non-stick aluminum foil (which is what I use) until the cool and set. Enjoy!
 
I like to eat the cookies while they are still warm and gooey. DH and DD like them set up. These cookies are tricky cookies to set up, because the humidity in the air effects whether they set up or not. So try to make them on a rather dry day. 
 
Living a simple life and enjoying baking simple treats for my family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment