Thursday, July 14, 2016

Snapshots: Part 3

Spring quickly faded into summer and before we knew it, it was July. It has been a busy past few weeks for us. Between home improvement projects, family gatherings, gardening work, and discussing changes for our family; life has seemed to fly by. So here are a few of pictures from our simple busy life. 

Our spring veggies are gone now, but we managed to put up 3 pints of sugar peas and take full advantage of all the lettuce we grew.
My hydrangea plant bloom beautifully this year. I picked these and placed them in the middle of some hosta leaves for a centerpiece to go on our kitchen table.
On Father's Day morning, I set the table w/ our best china, silverware, and glasses. DH's place setting had an extra decoration, a surprise gift from DD and I.
We are now feasting on cucumbers, yellow squash, and onions.
The garden is looking lush and green, despite the dry spell we had for a while.
We have been taking full advantage of using our grill in the heat of the summer. Here is our first attempt at grilling shrimp. We went simple and just brushed it with some garlic butter.

To go with our grilled shrimp, I fixed fettuccine alfredo with mushrooms and a salad.

We grilled some squash steaks along side our strips.

I paired them with creamy tomato pasta. Yummy!
After a dry spell we have plenty of rain and very warm temps which are making all my potted flowers happy.

Simple Beauty!
My flower beds are full of blooms and beauty. What a view we have!

Different views of our cottage flower garden.
 
Another storm is a brewing.

Here are all the goodies we have gotten from the garden in the past few weeks. Yes, those are homegrown 'maters you see and they are delicious!
Miss Oakley has spent most of these hot, humid summer days on the couch, which is right under the ceiling fan.
Here is the latest apple I have added to my collection, a white apple. The best part about it that it cost me $2.00. I found it on the clearnce aisle at Hobby Lobby. I thought it was a thrifty find!
It isn't a crazy busy life we live, but one filled with the simple pleasures that can be found only in a simple life!

No comments:

Post a Comment