Friday, July 22, 2016

Simply Useful: Dryer Sheets

Dryer sheets are one of those simply useful products I like to keep on hand. However, I don't use them for our laundry. A long time ago, we tried to get rid of all the paper products we could. Since dryer sheets were an expensive product to buy and use for laundry, they were one of those products we cut out. Yet, I found another use for them that doesn't cost as much because we are not buying them as often. I use dryer sheets as sachets. 

When spring rolls around, I wash and put away all the big blankets we used during the winter. As I put them up in storage, I tuck a dryer sheet in the folds. This helps keep the blankets smelling fresh and will still smell fresh when I pull them out when winter rolls around again.  I also use them in the sheets, blankets, and towels that we store in our camper to use when we go camping. So as we pull out our camping items to use, they all smell fresh and clean.

Tucking a dryer sheet in the folds of a blanket will keep the blanket smelling fresh.

Dryer sheets are also nice to tuck in the folds of clothes you are storing. They won't stain or damage the clothing. I have them tucked in the baby clothes of DD I have safely tucked away in a container. I also tuck them into the clothes we don't wear all the time; like our swim suits and snow gears. 

Dryer sheets are one of those things that have many uses and are simply a great thing to have on hand. Try them in the clothing or linen items you are storing. I think you will like the way they smell when you pull them out again. 

Loving the simple life we lead and looking forward to where it will take us!  

No comments:

Post a Comment