Thursday, July 21, 2016

Simply Useful: Tissue Paper

Tissue paper is one of those things I always try to keep on hand. I use it not only for wrapping gifts, but for storing breakable items. All of my holiday decorations are packed away in boxes until I need them. After many, many years; they still look great and I have rarely lost one due to breakage. I always try to use white tissue paper, but in a pinch I will use colored paper. 

Getting ready to pack away some keepsakes using tissue paper.

Here is how I go about packing those items to be stored for safe keeping. First, I find a sturdy box to place the items in. Next, I start wrapping the items in tissue paper and place them in the box.

Starting the process.

I keep wrapping and packing the items. I fit them together to help with the cushioning factor. When I can, I will place a smaller wrapped item inside a bigger wrapped item. Fitting and packing the items close together help prevent the items in the box from sliding around which can lead to breakage. 

Fitting the items together and packing them tight.

I have had such success with wrapping things up with tissue paper. It is better than old newspapers and it relatively cheap, especially if you buy it at at dollar store. Tissue paper is just one of those simply useful products!

Living a simple life and loving every minute of it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment