Friday, March 4, 2016

My Hobbies

What do you enjoy doing? Are you a crafty person? Or are you the type that likes doing outdoor things or sports of some kind? Or is cooking and baking more your thing? Or do you like a variety of things? What do you like to do?

I am more of a crafty person myself, although I do enjoying cooking and baking. I also like gardening and exploring the great outdoors. I also have gotten into photography. I am getting quite good at taking nature pictures. I enjoy all of these things but crafts are my biggest hobby. Yes, before, you even ask, I have a hot glue gun.

Scrap booking could occupy hours and hours of my time, if I let it. I have completed at least 2 of my scrap book projects, but have many more to finish, including our 25th wedding anniversary trip to Walt Disney World. It is hard to find enough time to do all I want to do, but in those rare moments I get the chance, I lose myself in it. 

I don't crochet or knit, but I do like cross stitching and embroidering. One of the projects, I am the happiest about is the cross stitch birth announcement I did for DD many, many years ago. For Christmas presents a few years ago, I embroidered my grandmothers and aunts tea towels for their kitchen, a pillowcase for a very special aunt, and scarves for my nieces and little girl cousins. I have embroidered apples onto cloth napkins for our kitchen and am currently working on an apron for me. This hobby is something I  pick up and work on for a while and then set aside for months at a time. 

Trying out new recipes and improving my cooking and baking techniques is something I have a lot of time for in the winter. The days are short and it is cold outside, so there isn't much that can be done outside and I have to cook anyway, why not use that time to experiment. I try out new recipes, perfect old ones, and have big messes to clean up. I enjoy this time, because I know spring and summer will bring busier days outside and the need for quick meals. 

My veggie and flower gardens beds take up a lot of my time in the spring and summer. I grow stuff for us to eat but I also like growing different flowers to brighten up our home with and experimenting with different organic gardening techniques.  My seeds for this year have already been bought and I will be ready to plant in about 2 weeks. 

In the Fall and the Spring, DH and I like to ride around in our beautiful mountains and enjoy the great outdoors. We look for places to hike to and have seen many, many gorgeous waterfalls in our state. Some places we go back to time and time again, just to enjoy the beauty. We also use this time to practice our photography skills. Over the years we have made some really great pictures of the beauty found in our NC mountains. 

Hobbies are a way for us to unwind and escape the cares of the world. I look forward to those special times I get to devote to one of my hobbies. They seem to make the world a happier place by just getting to simply enjoy what you like to do. 

I would love to hear from you and what hobbies you enjoy doing. Just leave me a comment and tell me about them. 

Simply enjoying life and the joy of getting to do something extra special!

No comments:

Post a Comment