Thursday, July 6, 2017

Our Family Calendar/Appointment Board

In effort to keep everyone informed about appointments and family events, I made a bulletin board for our laundry room. Before this board, I would try to keep track of everything in my home management binder, however, I got tried of having to answer everyone's question about when this was happening or that was happening. So I came up with the idea to make a central board to put all the info, so my loved ones could look it up themselves. 

I started looking on line on how to make a pretty bulletin board. I got a general idea of how to go about, then went shopping for my supplies. I bought a cork board, 1 1/2 inch wide red gingham ribbon, and silver thumbtacks. Back home, I laid out a diagonal grid, then started laying down my ribbon and securing where it intersected with thumbtacks. The grid wound up being a little off, but I was still pleased with the over all look. 


On the board is a calendar page for the current month with all the family events and appointments written down on them. We also put any appointment cards for a particular month on the board as an additional reminder. We also put any business cards that we needed for a quick reference on there. I have also printed out all of our family's phone numbers and DH's work numbers on there for quick reference. 

The board isn't very full right now, but that doesn't mean we don't have appointments or plans. The bow is not normally there. I put it up to cover up any phone numbers that might could be seen.
This board has come in handy. I am no longer having to answer dozen of questions or hunt for a phone number. We also leave messages on there to remind of us things we need to remember, like recording a tv show or to run a specific errand. If you are part of a busy family and need a place to keep everything organized so everyone could access it themselves then a calendar/appointment board is simply just the thing for you and your family!  

No comments:

Post a Comment