Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Dyeing Easter Eggs Rubber Band Style

DD and I love to dye eggs for Easter. As a matter of fact, we spent this past Sunday afternoon dyeing them. It is a fun way for us to spend time together and talk. We have long past gave up on the Paas Easter egg dye and found other ways to dye eggs using food coloring that are a lot more creative, fun, and messy. So, I thought I would share 3 ways we really like to dye eggs with you. 

The first way involves rubber bands. By putting rubber bands of various sizes around the eggs then dipping them into the dye, you get all different patterns on the eggs. You also can put them into another dye to color the white space left by the rubber bands. I save the rubber bands off of the vegetables I buy at the grocery store, so I don't have to buy any. 

On "A Life Lived Simply" facebook page last year, I put up a photo album with step by step instructions on how to dye eggs rubber band style included in the pictures. The results are pretty and making them can get your kids creative juices flowing. Go and check it out! 


Dyeing Easter eggs is simply one of those simple pleasures in life! Get to dyeing to today and have some fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment