Wednesday, April 19, 2017

A Week Of Misc. Recipes: Italian Dressing

While I don't like or use Italian dressing on my salad, I do like to marinate chicken that we are grilling in it. It helps keep the chicken moist and makes it very flavorful. We use to use Kraft's Tuscan House Italian Dressing (and still do in a pinch.) However in our continued effort to eat healthier, I went looking for a good homemade Italian dressing recipe. I found one at "The Family Homestead." Like most recipes, I have adjusted it to our taste. You can find the original recipe here

Italian Dressing
  • 1/2 cup of olive oil (I use a little less than a 1/2 cup.)
  • 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar (I use a little less than a fourth of a cup.)
  • 1/2 cup of water (I use a little more than a 1/2 cup.)
  • 1 Tbsp of maple syrup (I use about a tbsp and a half.)
  • basil, garlic salt, seasoning salt, onion powder, parsley, oregano, black pepper, cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes all to your taste
Mix all the ingredients together. If the olive oil taste is still too strong, add a little more water. 
 
I don't know how good this dressing in on a salad, but it awesome to marinate chicken in. I love making a big garden salad and topping it with grilled chicken marinated in this dressing. It is simply a good thing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment