Friday, April 21, 2017

A Week Of Misc. Recipes: Lime Marinade

Since we like Mexican inspired food, I am always looking for new recipes. My searching lead me to find this lime marinade in a owner's manual for the new Oster DuraCeramic Electric Skillet. (I am going to have to do a simply perfect product post on this electric skillet, because I love it.) The lime marinade is part of a recipe called Easy Beef Fajitas. If you like Mexican inspired food, you will like this recipe and will find other uses for it. Of course, I made changes to the recipe to fit our family's taste.

Lime Marinade
  • juice of 2 limes
  • 1 Tbsp of olive oil, 
  • 1/2 tsp of cumin
  • 1/4 tsp of salt (I used garlic salt and left out the minced garlic.)
  • 1 clove of minced garlic
  • 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes (I used less.)
  • black pepper to taste 
Combine the ingredients above in a bowl. Add beef and allow to stand for 30 minutes at room temperature. If you use this to marinate chicken or fish, I wouldn't leave it at room temp. Drain meat and discard the marinade, then fix meat as desired. 
 
We weren't use to using a lot of lime in recipes, so we were pleasantly surprised by how good meat was marinated in it. Who knew lime marinade was simply a good thing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment