Thursday, June 16, 2016

My Favorite Kitchen Utensils

Watching cooking shows has introduced me to so many kitchen utensils that we didn't have or use when I was growing up. I have added many of those utensils to my collection and find them to be very useful. Some I use only every once and awhile. Others I use every day. Most of them are relatively inexpensive and would make great bridal shower gifts. 

My favorite kitchen utensils.

I am going to give you the name of the utensil going from left to right.

  • Off spatula - this little utensil makes spreading butter, icing, peanut butter, and other spreadable items easy. I find myself reaching for this little utensil often. I plan on buying a bigger one because the little is of useful.
  • Whisks - I LOVE my whisks. I use them to mix things like dips, to sift flour, to combine dry ingredients, to whip potatoes, to combine items for sauces or dressings. I use my whisks daily and often. 
  • Tongs - These are some of the newer utensils I have bought. They are great for turning meat you are frying or grilling. They are good for picking up things like meat or fries to put on your plate. They are great for removing corn cobs and other like items from boiling water. I don't use them daily, but I do use they frequently. 
  • Spider Strainer - This utensil is one that I don't use that often but it is perfect for getting homemade chips, fries, or onion rings out of boiling oil. It is also the right utensil to use to remove veggies when they are done blanching in boiling water and place then in ice water. 
  • Wooden Spoons - I have several smaller wooden spoons, but I like the bigger bamboo ones that are in this picture the best. I would rather use them than big metal spoons. They also have an added advantage, because of a kitchen trick. Place a wooden spoon over the top of a pot of water to prevent it from boiling over. I tried it and it works. 
  • Rubber Spatulas - I use these everyday. They are good for scraping down your mixing bowl when you are baking. They are also great to help clean out a bowl when you are pouring the contents into another pan or pie shell. They can help clean out a can of food like condensed soups. They make cleaning things out easier. 
Those are some of my favorite utensils. I would love to hear what your favorite kitchen utensils are. Leave me a comment and let me know. 
 
Simply enjoying about those little items that make cooking a little easier! 

No comments:

Post a Comment