Friday, September 2, 2016

Falls Of The Cullasaja River: Part 2

As we headed up to the Highlands area of NC, our main goal was to see Dry Falls. This waterfall did not disappoint. It is simply beautiful. I spent a lot of time taking pictures from ever angle. 

Dry Falls got its name because it is said you can walk behind it and not get wet. While this may be true during dry spells, it wasn't true on the day we visited. We didn't get soaked, but we did get misted on. 

Of all the falls we have visited, this one is my favorite so far. It is hard to describe its beauty in words, so I will let my pictures talk for me. 

The following  pictures were taken from the roadside observation deck.





The following pictures were taken directly behind the waterfall.

One of my favorite shots.

The following pictures were taken from the other side of the waterfall.

I loved that I got the sunlight spilling over the fall with the water.



One more shot from behind the waterfall. This waterfall is a photographer's dream.

Now you can see why I was so taken with this waterfall. All the falls, we saw on this trip were pretty and unique in their own way, but Dry Falls was just...there are no words. If you live in the Western NC region, please take a long day trip to see these falls. You will NOT be disappointed!

Simply amazed by the beauty God wrought with His hands!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment