Thursday, January 5, 2017

Intentional: A Word To Live By In 2017

Intentional is defined as something being done with a purpose. Being intentional is putting forth some thought into what you are doing or planning. It is taking the time to purposefully think about your actions. Intentional is making those things the most important in your life feel important. Intentional is my second word to live by this year. 

Most of the time, I am a dreamer and a thinker. I daydream about grandiose ideas of have to make an event a little extra special, but never take the time to see those ideas out. I think about all these extra special things I would like to do for DH, DD, or our fur babies, but never do them. Most of my time is consumed with trying to keep our home clean, which is an never ending task. I spend more time and put more purpose behind taking care of our home, than I do my loved ones. That needs to change. 

I also don't take the time to do little things to help me take of myself. So intentional ties in really well with my other word for the year - healthy. I have to put purpose behind trying to get healthy and take the time to do so. 

Intentional also carries over in to my desire to let the light of Jesus shine through my life. I have to be intentional about strengthening my faith and my walk with the Lord. I have to make my prayer time a priority and get in the habit of reading the Bible more.

As I began to look for scripture to focus on for the word, I was surprised about how many I found. Here are some of my favorites:

James 1:22 "Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says."

Deuteronomy 6:5 "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength."

Philippians 2: 14-15 "Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky."

Ephesians 5: 15-16 "Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil."

1st Corinthians 4: 2 "Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful."

So as the new year continues on, I want to take more time with my family and fur babies. I want to spend more time with them. I want to put purpose behind the ideas I have to let them know how special they are. I want to make that time planned and deliberate. I want to take those ideas and extend it to every aspect of my life. I want to let go of my perfect clean home ideal and just take life as it comes when it applies to our home. I want to be intentional about living my life and learning to enjoy life more. Being intentional is simply a good thing! 

Living a simply blessed life and learning to simply be intentional about how I live it!   

No comments:

Post a Comment